Caerau Nature - wildlife observations from Caerau and surrounding areas
Monday, 27 June 2016
Garnwen and Drysiog circular route
-species looking just like a frog
[Aphrophora alni - Alder Spittlebug]
- couldn't quite get close enough
- there are 12 "Green Tortosie Beetle" species, I tried to key this one, but can't be done.
Pipizella virens/maculipennis -
maculipennis not recorded in Wales, so has to be virens [new for valley under Pipizella virens agg. label]
- although antennae looks a bit short [over to you Sid]
- no English name, but I'm calling it "The Thistle Orange Gall Fly"
- plumata form
- huge difference in size between male [large] and female
- resting after a job well done
Martyn Hnatiuk MartynH
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Female Degeerella have shorter antennae. They are getting a bit worn now too.
27 Jun 2016, 21:39:00
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)